Skip to main content

The 2 Business Ideas

I had twitted about 2 business ideas and had promised the details would be on the blog. So here goes...

JustGoa - See a different Goa every time
I have been consulted at least about 15-20 times by different people for their leisure trips to Goa. This idea is a fallout of the experiences.

This is a Goa specific travel company. I know there are hordes of Goan tour operators. But this one is with a different marketing strategy. This sort of concentrates on repeat business. The tours are thematic. Some of the themes would be -
  • Chillax
  • Religious
  • Eco
  • Celebrations (Weddings, Anniversaries, Receptions)
  • Corporate (Conferences, team building exercises, product launches)
The main thrust should be on maintaining the visit history of the tourists and ensuring they do not get bored with repeat visits. Aligning Marketing with capacity for special programs in monsoon, around long weekends etc. will definitely bring in a new angle to this business.


10ant.com
I am not sure if there is anything like this already on the Internet. This can either be an independent real-estate renting portal or can be a feature on any of the existing ones. The idea is to register every property, its owner and tenants on a single portal. Suppose I am an owner and own 3 apartments in Mumbai (I said suppose!!!). Now when I want to rent out any of my properties, I register myself and the property on this portal. There are also many tenants registered who are looking for a fitting property to hire. Till here it is just like any other renting portal. The difference is rating. Every tenant who takes a property gets to rate it and the owner of the property. The owner also gets to rate the tenant. The portal thus has the history of the apartment occupancy. Either of the party can know the disputes the other party has had and can choose which house to rent, which tenant to rent it to and and whether the owner is 'troublefree' or not.
I am not sure how to make money out of this idea though.


Tell me what you think people!!

Comments

Kiran said…
I dont think either of these ideas are already present. And I'm wondering which one is better!

10ant definitely has broader scope. But somehow JustGoa strikes a chord (or maybe its just me!)
Sushegad said…
The demand for JustGoa will only rise with the growth of domestic tourism. Cool idea that we should seriously pursue.
About 10ant, like you pointed out user ratings are difficult to monetize. Add to it user ratings are also difficult to interpret unless there is a huge volume.... for ex. on mouthshut.com reviews for only those products are useful where you have more than 25 people commenting (and also buying the product). Guess there needs to be more clarity on what exactly will 10ant deliver for owner and/or tenant...
Kalpesh said…
have you come across www.goa24x7.com yet ?

Popular posts from this blog

What (not) to expect from a politician

  The photo has no real significance to the subject being discussed :-) Off late, I have seen a lot of my friends venting their anguish against politicians. Many of them expected the politicians to behave more responsibly, discipline the public on dos & don'ts of COVID precautions, get national priorities right and basically change the society to which they belong and are elected representatives. I think this bunch has wrong expectations from the wrong group of people. Here is why - A politician's entire existence is centred around election victory. Winning an election is their Key Performance Indicator (KPI). A consistently losing politician who is not making any effort to come to power, is not even a politician. Acceptance from society, popularity and majoritarian view are the fundamental characteristics of a politician. They have to operate within the limits of these fundamentals to maintain their existence. Isn't that why we always refer to successful politicians a

How to change flat ownership in GHMC records

It's been close to a year since we bought a new flat in Hyderabad. It has been one hell of a learning exercise for the sheer amount of paper work and procedures it involved before, during or after the purchase. Buying a house in Hyderabad has been an exciting and taxing journey, so far. All through this journey, I had a desire to document my experiences so that it would help others who wished to be helped. But luck, laziness and life kept me away from this. However, I'll at least start now with an account of what needs to be done to change the ownership records in GHMC [Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation]. The first time it struck me that I need to do this is when I received a property tax notice addressed to the previous owner of the flat (we made a second hand purchase). All along I thought once I had registered with the land records department, the government would take care of updating all other records. I was so wrong! So, I rushed to the nearest Municipal Citizen